After going to Oktoberfest I wondered if there was such as thing as cajun curry. The idea was to make a sausage curry.
I asked for recipe on Reddit and this is what I got. It is more of a honey mustard curry. My guests enjoyed it.
6 chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
2 T. curry powder
1/2 c honey
2 tsp cajun spice
3 T. real butter
3 T. water
3 T. yellow mustard
1 T. apple cider vinegar (to mellow out the sweetness)
3 t. lemon juice
3 cloves of garlic crushed
Source: Bella Cosina’s Food Blog
Here is the refried beans recipe I’ve been working on. If you like refried beans, try it.
1 lb bag of pinto beans (apx. 2 1/2 cups)
4 1/2 cups water
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 T. salt
1 1/2 t. cumin
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 t. paprika
1/2 t. coriander
1 T. chopped garlic
2 T. bacon grease
1 T. ghee (clarified butter) to make them creamy
2 strips of chopped bacon (optional)
- Cook the onions until brown
- Dump all ingredients willy-nilly into crock pot.
- Cook for 1-2 hour on high until beans are done absorbing water.
- Ensure beans are covered with water and cook 6-8 hours on low.
- Mix beans with electric mixer until desired consistency.
NOTE: 4 slices of thick cut bacon makes about 2 T. of bacon grease